Goal 1: Local Biking Opportunities
- What interesting places are there to bicycle in and around Fairfield, Iowa?
- What biking does southeast Iowa have to offer in Jefferson County and the counties that surround it?
- This blog should record routes, images, and videos that everyone can access.
- A specific goal is to create a series of videos of the Jefferson County Trails, posted at YouTube, so that there is online information about the trails and the pleasures of riding them.
- Where have you toured around Fairfield, Iowa, and what was it like?
- Where by bike have my wife and I toured on day trips and overnight camping trips?
- Indulging my journalistic penchant will increase the motivation for my wife and I to get on the road (and trails) with our bikes and enjoy the day or the weekend.
- Blog posts, including YouTube videos, will record routes and experiences.
- What are others doing on bicycles in the Fairfield area?
- This blog should provide the opportunity for other riders and families to record their experiences with articles, photos, and videos. Making contact with those people is important.
- Long day rides (like "centuries," 100-mile rides), single-track riding (with mountain bikes), group rides, and fund-raisers are already part of Fairfield's bicycling experience. Why not write about them and let others know what is happening?
- This goal should also include the experience of different age groups.
- What kind of bikes are people riding, and what kinds of stuff are they taking with them?
- Reviews of books, camping gear, bicycles, and bike-specific accessories are great to have available.
- It will be good for others to know what's available both locally (at A.J.'s Bike Shop in Fairfield), in other local southeast Iowa towns, and online.
- Links can also be established for resources beyond this blog.
It's January 1st . . . a long way to spring. Maybe I should have added a 5th goal--more patience!
Copyright 2013 by Thomas L. Kepler, all rights reserved